Thursday, October 29, 2009

Carnival III: Photos of Adoption

What is your most treasured adoption photo (or two)? Block out faces if you have to, find a scanner, or simply tell us about it if you can't post it. We do understand that. Adversely, if you don't have one, tell us why you don't.

Check this thread out for more Carnival entries.




My most treasured photos are the 2 photos that we have on our family wall. One of Iris, my first mother and one of Madelaine, my half-sister and Iris together. I spent the first 30 years of my life wondering what they looked like. Were they tall (I'm tall), were they big (cause I sure am!), did they have straight dark hair, brown eyes, did they tan easily?


I finally got to meet my mother when I was 30ish. She sent me pictures of both her and Madelaine. I scanned every square inch of them for some resemblance. I don't see any, but everyone else does. And then on one of my visits to see Iris she gave me 2 pictures, 1 of just her and 1 of her and Madelaine. Madelaine had these done at a studio for Iris's 75th birthday. And now they hang on our family wall where I can see them everyday.

2 comments:

Mama King said...

That is wonderful that you were reunited and have those photos.

Michelle@Gotchababy said...

How great to have those photos--what a treasure!