Thursday, June 30, 2011

Niagara Rapids Run

We got to spend 2 days at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls this week. Liam loved every minute of the water park. He has never been down a water slide so he was more interested in things like the lazy river, the wave pool and the splashing area.

He eventually tried 2 of the smaller water slides and than  he was feeling brave enough to give a big one a go.  I climbed part way up with him and left him in line (I don't like slides and I don't like getting my face wet, so water slides are not something I'm willing to try!)  I thought he was aiming for the small one as a first go round. But somehow that is not where he ended up.

Niagara Rapids Run - This family water roller coaster travels 727-ft (some of it is even uphill!) and features a 52-ft. vertical drop.

I should mention now that he's never been on a roller coaster before!!


We were able to get the picture that they snap as each raft goes by. I think he looks like an old pro.  Turns out that once was enough and he was quite happy to stay much closer to the ground for the rest of the time we were there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The woman in back has the right expression. A 5 story drop calls for terror.