Watch Today's the Day I Cook for the recipes over the next week or so.
• Tomato and Black Bean Tamales
• Tostados de Carne Asada
• Turkey Mole
• Carne de Cerdo en Salsa Verde
• Mexican Rice
• Chicken Empanadas
• Fajita Salad
• Guacamole and Tortilla Chips
• Salsa and Tortilla Chips
• Tres Leche Cake
• Incan Mousse
- Tamales: A Mexican dish of seasoned meat wrapped in cornmeal dough and steamed or baked in corn husks.
- Tostados: A Mexican deep-fried corn-flour pancake topped with a seasoned mixture of beans, ground meat, and vegetables.
- Carne : ground meat
- Asada: roasted, grilled, broiled
- Mole: A highly spiced Mexican sauce made chiefly from chili peppers and chocolate, served with meat.
- Cerdo: pork
- Salsa Verde: A Mexican sauce of finely chopped onion, garlic, coriander, parsley, and hot peppers
- Empanadas: A Spanish or Latin American pastry turnover filled with a variety of savory ingredients and baked or fried.
- Fajita: A dish of Mexican origin consisting of strips of spiced beef or chicken, chopped vegetables, and grated cheese, wrapped in a soft tortilla.
- Tres Leche: 3 milk