Gary the Gecko has been with us for more than a year now. He's a wonderful and entertaining addition to the family. Recently we added some fake foliage to his tank and he has discovered a love of climbing. Unlike other geckos, the leopard spotted geckos do no have suctioned cuppped toes, so they don't usually climb to the top of their tank. That doesn't seem to slow Gary down any.
Here are some interesting points I have learned over the past year.
- No matter what they say ahead of time, kids don't actually take care of their own pets, parents do
- Gecko's are very low maintenance
- Crickets are not low maintenance
- Having escaped crickets in my house doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would
- Chirping crickets bother me a lot
- Having cats is very important to the capture of escaped crickets
- Crickets are like chips to cats, they can't eat just one
- Geckos are equally entertaining for cats as they are for people
- I would consider getting another lizard
- Hilary would not consider getting another lizard