Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Open Adoption Interview Project

Adoption Bloggers Interview Project 2012

It's that time of year again.  Heather from Production,m Not Reproduction and Open Adoption Bloggers is hosting the annual Open Adoption Interview Project.

I debated (again) joining in this year.  After all I don't really blog about adoption any more.  I've only written about adoption twice this year.  But one thing you learn pretty early on as an adoptee, it's that adoption is with you every day, no matter what.  Casual comments from co-workers, TV story lines, Doctor's questions or your own inner deep thoughts late at night.

When it comes to blogging though, I really don't have much to say these days.  There are so many other folks out there who are saying it so much better then I ever could.  Check out these great writers (just to name a few):


I still follow the adoption blogs, chat with folks that I now consider friends that I met through adoption forums and keep up on adoption related news.

The one thing I don't have is updates on most of the adoptions in my own life.  I haven't heard from Iris, my birthmother in over a year.  And we haven't heard from K, Liam's first mom* in even longer.  Liam still asks about her and his siblings and it's still hard.

We do have updates on one adoption in our life. Back in 2008 we found out that Hilary had an older 1/2 brother that had been placed for adoption when he was born. Reunions entailed and it turns out that he and his family live pretty close to us.  We've gotten together a few times and have plans to visit with them again soon.  It's nice to have at least one adoption related area that is going well.

So I will dive into the Open Adoption Interview Project and maybe that will help spark some creative blogging juices on the adoption front.

Are you participating?  Be sure to sign up here by Thursday!



*one day I will figure out why I use birthmother for my mother and first mom for Liam's mother.

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I've long known that your voice is an important one, so I'm glad you're in.

I'm sad, though, for the continued absences of Iris and of Liam's first mother.

Thank you for including me :-)