Sunday, September 22, 2013

It hurts to be cheap

I'm not always cheap.  I'm more than willing to pay $6.00 for a Chai Tea Latté with Lactose Free Milk at least once a week.  But in most other aspects of my life I look for bargains.  Why buy fancy expensive shampoo when my hair is less than a 1/4 in long?  Designer or brand name clothes?  Who needs them.  So when I found no-name brand low-end razors on sale, I scooped them up.  A razor is a razor, right? Do I really need triple blade, pivoting action with aloe gel strips?  Of course not.  I'm just going to shave my legs.  I've been doing this for 30 years now.  It's not that hard.

Let this be a cautionary tale to women every where. Spend the extra $$ on the fancy razors, lest you end up looking like this:



I actually had to remove a piece of skin from the razor blades.  I screamed in the shower when the water hit the open gaping wound.  24 hours later it started bleeding again when I changed the band-aid.  

It's a good thing the weather has cooled off, as I don't think I'll be shaving again till next summer!

No comments: