- I believe that I will be successful in 2014
- I believe that I will be there as a friend and partner to Hilary
- I believe that I will be the best parent I can be to Liam
- I believe that I will continue to become a better runner
- I believe that I will grow my Tae Kwon Do skills
- I believe that I will achieve my health goals
The year started out strong and I really did BELIEVE that I could do all these things. I ran my first 10k race . I became a green belt in TaeKwon- Do and competed in an Eastern Canadian Championship tournament . My love and friendship with Hilary continued to grow and while parenting is one of the hardest roller coaster rides I’ve ever been on, I really do try my best. 2014 has also been a successful year in my professional life.
The area that I feel that I did not achieve in 2014 is my health goals. Somewhere around the end of summer I stopped BELIEVING in myself, and stopped trying. I stopped running, I missed more TKD classes then I attended and I stopped focusing on healthy eating. So it’s no surprise that I’m ending 2014 feeling a lot less healthy then I did when the year started.
That is part of the ups and downs of life though, so I’m not going to dwell on it and give up completely. I have started BELIEVING in myself again and I am moving on, ready to face a new year.
I’ll be picking my word for 2015 in the next few days as 2014 comes to a close. If you had to pick one word to help guide you through the new year, what would it be?