Monday, February 9, 2009

Oscar Prep - 2

The only other thing we have made so far are some samosas - potato filling in pastry:

The potatoes are cooked then tossed with onion, peas, carrots, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, amchoor powder (dried mango) and some cayen pepper.

Pastry is not our forte so we tried an unusual approach: Pillsbury pie crust. Hilary cut it into chunks, rolled each chunk into a circle and then cut it in half.

We fried them till they were golden brown. They were some of the best samosa's I've ever had! Much better then the ones from the Pizza shop down the street (don't ask, they seem to have quite a mishmash of cultures going on).
Hilary is planning Saag Aloo, Chicken Makhani (butter chicken) and Paneer Darbari for next weekend.

3 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Enough! I'm getting a plane ticket already!

(drooling over the keyboard)

Robin said...

Yum. What's your address?

Linus said...

hmmmmmm I think I do need that vacation to canada.....I was interested in learning about the halifax explosion and learing more about the titanic.....wow, through all my site seeing I have nothing planned on oscar night...hmmmmmm where can i go so i wont be lonely and left out in the cold?....my subtle hint...cant get any more subtle then.