Thursday, February 12, 2009

Something Borrowed

This post is the third in a series this week helping to bring awareness to Freedom to Marry Week. Check out The Other Mother for other bloggers participating in their blog carnival celebrating love.

This cake idea we BORROWED from Bob Blumer on the Surreal Gourmet. The bun is 2 layers of white cake, the patti is a brownie, the mustard is mango coulis, the ketchup is raspberry coulis, the relish is green Jello and the mayonaise (we're Canadian, we put Mayo on burgers) is white butter cream icing. And don't forget the fries! Toasted pound cake. It was very yummy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome, like "Ace of Cakes"!

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks better than Bob's! I bookmarked this and will try it!

Beautiful Mess said...

I'm betting the actual cake tastes better then my monitor did when I licked it ;o) You're going to put me in a baking kick with all these yummy cakes. I put mayo on my burgers!

Anonymous said...

that is so cool!

Robin said...

I agree: totally awesome!