Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Spelling

Dear Anonymous commenter from West Palm Beach, Florida.

I'm very sorry that you never learned to spell in English . No, I'm not commenting on your excessive use of the letter S. Many people use this technique while typing to give the reader a sense of how they want the word to sound..... drawn out in this case, with emphasis on the plural. Your spelling mistake is in the derogatory term that you left in my comments. Faggot has 2 Gs and an O in it. Faget is not actually a word.

English can be a very complicated language to learn. Here is an overview of Hard and Soft sounds for the letter G:

Hard and Soft Sounds for ‘G’

The Pronunciation of ‘G’ generally depends upon the letter following it.
General Rules
  • If the following letter is ‘E’, ‘I’ or ‘Y’, the pronunciation is said to be “soft”.
  • If the following letter is anything else - including a space - the pronunciation is termed “hard”.
  • A soft ‘G’ is pronounced ‘j’ as in general, giant, gymnastic, large, energy, intelligible, changing
  • A hard ‘G’ is pronounced ‘g’ as in golf, pig, running, great, gum, fragrant, grasp, glut, progress, faggot


I'm also very sorry that your Google search for "Bullying Days" brought you to my "Anti-Bullying days" entry. You were obviously looking for a site that was for and not against bullying.

Better luck next time.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Andy! GRRRRRRRRRR! (<- That'd be a hard G followed by lots of Rs to indicate how long and loudly I am growling at that commenter.)

Of course it was anonymous, too. Even on the internet, bullies are cowards.

I'd delete that comment if I were you. There's no room for stupid, narrow-minded hate on your wonderful blog.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Oh brother!!!!

Love the spelling lesson!

Anonymous said...

obviously not a regular reader????hehehe

love ya Andy

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Even faced with an insulting bully, you handle with grace.

You are amazing, Andy.

Aunt Becky said...

Oh, how I love the anonymous commentors. I love them THIIIISSSS MUCH!

Heather said...

What an asssssssshat.

I'm impressed with your grace and humor in handling this!

Anonymous said...

And though I misspelled "behoove" in my first comment, it was a typo, not the doing of Fred Phelps.

Doh!