Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meconopsis

What? You don't know what meconopsis means, or is, or was?


I'm not surprised! Neither did I till I found out the my father-in-law has written a book on the subject. Obviously I knew that he was writting a book and that it was going to be published this month. I just thought it was about flowers, not meconopsis!

Turns out that meconopsis is the fancy-dancy name for Blue Poppies, something that my FIL grows very well and also takes amazing pictures of:

His book, Blue Heaven - Encounters with the Blue Poppy is due out this month by Touchwood Editions. I know a copy will be added to our book collection? Why not add it to yours?


2 comments:

PWNort64 said...

Actually, I'm quite tempted. The shade of blue in these poppies causes an emotional reaction in me (a happy one). It's the color of my bedroom walls and I love it!

Beautiful Mess said...

That is a beautiful flower! I've never seen one before!