Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Daring Kitchen - En Croute

It's been a couple of months since I've participated in a Daring Kitchen Challenge.  First they made salami and then they de-boned a whole chicken.  SHUDDER.  There are some cooking skills that I can manage without!

This month however was something that I was very excited about!  Cooking En Croute.  What is En Croute?  According to this month's hostess, The Monkey Queen,  it is a food that has been wrapped in pastry dough and baked in an oven. I originally planned to make Beef Wellington, something I've wanted to try ever since watching Gordon Ramsey go off on all of his prodigies on Kitchen Nightmares.  Alas, life got busy and I didn't have the time to devote to it.  I did however find time to make The Monkey Queen's recipe of Stuffed Mushroom en Croute.

I stuffed a Portebella mushroom cap with a mixture of spinach and Brie, wrapped the whole thing in puff pastry and waited for it to come out of the oven.  It was so very tasty that Hilary and I both ate two!







Blog-checking lines: Our lovely Monkey Queen of Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, was our May Daring Cooks’ hostess and she challenged us to dive into the world of en Croute! We were encouraged to make Beef Wellington, Stuffed Mushroom en Croute and to bring our kids into the challenge by encouraging them to create their own en Croute What is En Croute? It is a food that has been wrapped in pastry dough and baked in an oven.recipes!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic, Andy! :)

Jenni said...

That looks delicious!! I would have eaten two, as well! :)

Don't Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys! said...

Oh my! Your en croute turned out so beautifully. I am so glad that you participated in this months challenge. Great job!

Joanne T Ferguson said...

G'day and YUM, TRUE!
I'm hungry for this now too!
Cheers!
Joanne
Daring Cook's Challenge too!
What's On The List
http://www.whatsonthelist.net

Lothluin said...

That looks so tasty!

Claudia said...

I'm so enjoying everyone's creative combinations and I think yours is a winner. Some of my favorite things in a tasty pastry.