Saturday, April 4, 2009

Quick updates

Wow, I am so busy these days that I don't know what is making me busy!

Work is crazy! We were a little company and now we are growing in leaps and bounds. Trust me, I know how amazing and lucky that is in today's economy. I'm very happy to have a secure job, but I would just like it to slow down long enough to catch my breath! I am interviewing for 2 new staff members next week, so that will help. I've gone from a department of ME to managing 3 other people. When I took this job 5 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long) one of the perks was that I was getting out of management. I guess I'm ready to get back into it.

To give you an idea of my work load, I have 2 and half weeks to complete 3-month schedules for 250+ people, in 3 different time zones, all working different jobs and shifts, and of course it all has to include everyone's summer vacations. Oy!

Home is good. Hilary has been working a lot of hours at her job too. In fact she's worked almost every Saturday since Christmas. It's nice because Liam and I get to hang out for the day, but I miss having Hilary here too.

We've been having some behaviour struggles with Liam, but the last 2 days have been FANTASTIC. He's listening, being polite, helping out and has just been a joy to be around. It makes the other times a lot easier to handle.

We missed the sign up date for summer camp by 24 hours so the locations we wanted were all full. We were able to get Liam into 5 weeks - 2 in July and 3 in August, at other sites, so all is not lost. We will do some combo of me working early, Hilary working evenings and weekends and having a baby sitter come in on the weeks that he doesn't have camp. Since Liam's school also finishes on the June 12th, we are going to spend 10 days in Guelph at that time, since the rest of Canada is still in school then.

Soccer starts next weekend too. There will be 6 weeks of Spring-tune up in doors and then they move outdoors. For Liam's age group this year they advance to playing 2 nights a week. So if we are busy now, it's only going to get busier!

Other wise life is moving along all tickaty-boo. We are healthy, happy and glad that the weather has finally turned.

No comments: