Sunday, February 3, 2013

What do these things all have in common?


  • A rectangular prism
  • A cone
  • A triangular prism 
  • A cylinder
  • A sphere
  • A cube

Yup, these were the manipulatives that we had to use for math homework tonight.  

I suck at grade 4 math homework.  I couldn't answer half of the questions until I Googled what vertices and edges were and I'm not sure what the answer to "I can slide, but I can't roll" is supposed to be ( Liam and I guessed a rectangular prism).  I'm clinging to the excuse/reason that I did grade 4 math in French and so I never had to learn what vertices and edges were.... just please don't ask me what they are in French!


2 comments:

Summer said...

I've got a 4th grader & a 6th grader. I google for math homework all the time! lol

I was good at this stuff when I was in those grades...guess that means I was right as a kid when I said I wouldn't use a lot of it...

Andy said...

Liam said that yesterday... "why do I need to know this stuff and when will I ever use it?" Telling him he would use it when his kid was in grade 4 didn't go over so well!