Monday, June 15, 2009

And the wall came tumbling down


Our house has a retaining wall all around the front yard. It's not structurally needed except for the side where the driveway is.

When we bought the house three years ago, this piece by the steps was leaning out about a 1/4 of an inch. Now, it's closer to 2 inches. I'm pretty sure that if I sat on the grass and pushed with my feet I could knock the whole thing over.










The rest of the wall isn't in great shape either. So we called around and got some quotes. I was floored to find out that the range between having it taken out and having it replaced was over $5000. We've decided to go with the much cheaper option of having it removed and a nice slope put in.





Now if it could just stop raining for a few days, we might actually be able to get the work done.

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

HOLY COW!!!!! $5,000 that's INSANE! Just make some play dough for Liam and tell him to connect the two walls together. It'll look GREAT! Good luck, I hope you and H recovered well from that HUGE sticker shock.
*HUGS*