Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Mom's surgery is today

She was planning on leaving the house at 5:00 this morning for the hour and a half drive to the city where she is having her Macular hole surgery done. The surgery itself is only about an hour and then there will be some recovery time. After that she starts her 7 day stretch of having to keep her head down so that the surgery site can stay dry and heal. I order her this device to help support her neck and my father rigged up an old army cot with a head rest for her to sleep on.

After leaving the hospital today, her and my father will stay at a local inn over night and she will go back tomorrow for a check up and then they will drive home. I'm hoping that my father will call me tonight with an update. The place where they are staying doesn't have phones in the rooms, so I can't call them. My father is not very phone-friendly so I guess I'll just wait and see. Otherwise it will be late tomorrow before I hear how she made out.

UPDATE!
My mom called Hilary's Aunt (who lives in the same city where she had her surgery) to let her know that all is well! My mom's calling card wasn't working, so she couldn't call us, but was able to make the local call.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Praying for your mom and also hoping that you get at least one update from your dad!!

((((hugs))))

Aunt Becky said...

Saying my prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery. Hang in there!