Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Winnie


I grew up spending a lot of time with my Grandma.  I spent my first week with my family at her house and later she nursed me through a week of chicken pox.  We spent nearly every weekend at her house or in the summers, at her trailer.  We made rock soup together and told stories.  She took me swimming in the lake every day.  I woke up Christmas morning snuggled up next to her since we had more people then beds when every one visited.  She wrapped her hair in industrial strength toilet paper every night and let me take out the bobby pins in the morning.  She makes the best "green salad", the only way I will still eat Jell-o.  She still spends every summer at her trailer and lives on her on in her own house the rest of the year. I only get to see her once a year now because we live so far apart, but I think of her every day.

She is my Grandma.

No comments: