Sunday, October 5, 2008

A part of motherhood

I wasn't prepared for.




I can deal with cuts, scrapes, a hole in his tongue, MRIs and surgery. Apparently I cannot deal with a wiggly tooth.


His tooth is so loose that he can push it forward with his tongue so that it is perpendicular to the rest of his teeth. He can almost spin it right around. And every time he does this, usually while shouting "WOOK, WOOK at my TWOOTH" [thus pronounced because he has half his hand in his mouth] both Hilary and I succumb to a bad case of the heebie jeebies **SHUDDER**
Our tenant downstairs is a dentist. I sent Liam knocking on his door today to see if Dan would pull it out for him. Alas, Dan was not home. The tooth is going to come out any moment. It just needs a small yank by someone who won't pass out when they yank on it. Liam keeps trying, but can't seem to get a grip on it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sose handles the loose teeth around here.

Try having him bite into a nice hard apple. Otherwise, it will come out eventually.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Uggg. I get queasy, too. This part falls under Hubby's job description. Don't know what we'd do if he were equally averse!

Get ready for the tooth fairy!

The Szareks said...

Deborah's first tooth was pulled out by one of my piano student's Mom! Yes, both dh and I were too wimpy to do it. We've come a long ways since then, Deborah pulls her own teeth out these days (and 8 teeth later).

PWNort64 said...

Hey, I pulled two teeth already this week...send him on down, no problem.

Heather said...

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy - just take a piece of dental floss, loop it around the bottom of the tooth and pull - as the floss tightens, it pops the tooth right out. No muss, no fuss, no bleeding (usually) even!

Just make sure he doesn't swallow it after it comes out, because it can go flying - believe me, there's nothing worse than having to explain to the tooth fairy why the tooth is missing!! (This is all based upon childhood memories; Emma hasn't yet gotten her first loose tooth and according to her dentist from her last check-up, she probably won't have any loose teeth until she's closer to seven!)

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahahaha!

I cannot handle vomit. Loose teeth, I'm good with. Can we trade off? I'll handle the squigly teeth, you take the vomit?