Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The decision

I now officially work from home, full time! Hilary and I were leaning towards 3 days at home and 2 at the office, but work decided that if I was going to do it, I should make it permanent and take all my toys with me. So I packed up my huge 2 foot screen on Friday and came home.

Right now I have this corner of our bedroom. Luckily our bedroom is huge and the desk was already here. We might try to convert one of the downstairs bedrooms into an office, but for now I am quite happy.

The one thing that I was missing was a proper desk chair. The wooden chair from the dining room table wasn't going to cut it for long. I looked at our local big box store on Sunday, but they didn't have what I wanted so I picked up an exercise ball for $17.00. And I love it! I haven't fallen on my head yet and it's only rolled away from me once. Liam of course loves it and I'm pretty sure he's going to break his neck goofing around on it, so it is off limits to him.

I still need to work out some details with work. I have a wireless connection set up to our home Internet account and I don't have a work phone. I may get both of these installed since I do work for an Internet and phone provider!

With the bad weather coming I'm glad to have this all in place. I got to have a sit down breakfast with Liam this morning (he's usually just waking up as I leave for work) and I also got to walk him to school. My time is flexible, so if I need to do something during the day I can. So far the pros are out weighing the cons. Hopefully they still do in six months!

No comments: