Saturday, July 3, 2010

Planning a birthday party

We have one week to go until the big day.  Liam will be turning 8 next Sunday!!  And for the first time in 3 years he has asked to have a birthday party.  I now understand why so many parents rent a bowling alley, order in pizza and let other people take charge of the party.  This is turning into a high stress situation for me!  I've already had 2 sleepless nights of tossing and turning while I think through the games, the guest list and every possible disastrous outcome.

I am shamelessly stealing Liam's party ideas from my good friend Mrs Smith who just had Operation 7 Candles for her kiddo.  We are changing things up a bit to make it a Club Penguin theme instead of Kim Possible.  We have way fewer kids and fewer missions then they did, but I think we'll still have fun!


Mission 1 – Get Ready
      -          Find the hidden suitcases
-          Get in disguise

Mission 2 – Rescue the Puffles
      -          Find your Puffle
-          Obstacle race to get Puffle safely into the box
o        Over Ladder
o        Through hula hoop
o        Through tube
o        Puffle in the basket

Mission 3 - Lift the flag
     -          Work together to fill the bucket with water on the teeter-totter so that it lifts up and raises the flag
o        Fill big tub with water
o        Use sponges to move water into small bucket attached to teeter-totter, when heavy enough it teeters and the other side lifts up raising the flag attached

Mission 4 – Snowball fight
        -          White water balloons

Mission 5 – Eat cake

Mission 6 – Find the loot bags
         -          Find clues to lead you to the loot bags hanging in the tree

I'm hoping that I haven't bitten off more then I can chew!  Watch for updates next week to see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Woohoo! I'm flattered that you're using our theme and LOVE how you've adapted it! :-D

If you want, I'd be happy to send you a copy of the Mystery Sounds CD we made for one more mission. If I get it in the mail Tuesday morning (since Mon is a holiday here south of the border), you should have it in time.... just let me know!

Can't wait to hear about the party and see the pictures! Happy early birthday to my future son-in-law! Oh wait, one question: What are you doing for the cake? :-D

SassyCupcakes said...

That sounds awesome!