Saturday, July 3, 2010

Planning a birthday party

We have one week to go until the big day.  Liam will be turning 8 next Sunday!!  And for the first time in 3 years he has asked to have a birthday party.  I now understand why so many parents rent a bowling alley, order in pizza and let other people take charge of the party.  This is turning into a high stress situation for me!  I've already had 2 sleepless nights of tossing and turning while I think through the games, the guest list and every possible disastrous outcome.

I am shamelessly stealing Liam's party ideas from my good friend Mrs Smith who just had Operation 7 Candles for her kiddo.  We are changing things up a bit to make it a Club Penguin theme instead of Kim Possible.  We have way fewer kids and fewer missions then they did, but I think we'll still have fun!


Mission 1 – Get Ready
      -          Find the hidden suitcases
-          Get in disguise

Mission 2 – Rescue the Puffles
      -          Find your Puffle
-          Obstacle race to get Puffle safely into the box
o        Over Ladder
o        Through hula hoop
o        Through tube
o        Puffle in the basket

Mission 3 - Lift the flag
     -          Work together to fill the bucket with water on the teeter-totter so that it lifts up and raises the flag
o        Fill big tub with water
o        Use sponges to move water into small bucket attached to teeter-totter, when heavy enough it teeters and the other side lifts up raising the flag attached

Mission 4 – Snowball fight
        -          White water balloons

Mission 5 – Eat cake

Mission 6 – Find the loot bags
         -          Find clues to lead you to the loot bags hanging in the tree

I'm hoping that I haven't bitten off more then I can chew!  Watch for updates next week to see how it turns out.

Post a Comment