Saturday, March 26, 2011

The best laid plans

Liam and I planned a great weekend for Hilary's birthday.  Diners out, fancy deserts, hotels and pools and secret outings.

Instead, this is what our weekend looks like so far.

Liam woke up on Friday with a headache, but seemed better after some breakfast and went off to school.  By 3:00 he was headach-y, fevered, coughing and stuffed up.  We stayed in and ordered in a lovely Indian Feast for Hilary and I to celebrate her birthday instead of going out.  He had a rough night, whimpering off and on and finally woke up at 5:00 this morning in complete tears.  The aches and pains, headache and sensitivity to noise and light is just too much for him.

The hotel reservation has been cancelled and I'm replanning our day.  Circus school is out this morning, but I'm hoping to get someone to come sit with Liam for the afternoon while I take Hilary to the rest of her birthday surprise.

Such is the birthday celebration of a parent!

No comments: