Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Feb. 19, 2008 ~ Today's the day....

that I won't let food issues with Liam become a problem during dinner.

I want Liam to learn to enjoy food. I don't want it to be a chore, something you have to do in order to get something else. I want him to embrace flavours and scents and cultures the way that Hilary and I do (but maybe without the extra pounds! :) )

But it's so hard! To sit next to your child while he consumes a single elbow noodle for diner and declares himself full!

So tonight I will present him his dinner and trust him to listen to his body. If he is full he is full. If he doens't like something he doesn't have to eat it beyond trying it, after all I wouldn't put up with someone forcing me to eat something I don't like, so why should he?

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we have the as long as you try it,,,meaning one spoonful then you can declare your self full...we have it hear too Andy...some nights it is all I can do not to hand feed them...
DebiP