Friday, February 22, 2008

Feb. 22, 2008 ~ Today’s the day

That I get to pick Liam up from school.


You’re probably thinking that this is an odd thing to be excited about. But for me it is a big deal, simply because I don’t get to do it very often. I have worked outside of the home for Liam’s whole life. I did get to take 2 days off work when he was born, and then 2 weeks of vacation when he came home to live with us forever at 17 days old. And this was our choice. It made sense both financially and from a long term career goal, that Hilary be the SAHM. I had the higher income and a job that I could not as easily walk away from for 5 4-5 years and be able to go back to.

I have always wanted to be a SAHM though. If we were to win the lottery today, I would quit my job in a second and do just that. I miss not being able to do the SAHM mom things, like pick Liam up from school every day, go home and talk about his day over a snack.

So that is what I will do today.

No comments: