Sunday, February 28, 2010

Are you going to blog about that?

Part of our success of being a couple for 16 years lies in how much fun Hilary and I have together.  We make each other laugh.  We joke together and we tease - in a nice way, not a mean teasing way.

Hilary was slower to embrace the internet then I was.  She still refers to all of you as  my "crazy internet friends".  She was pretty iffy the day I dragged took her out to breakfast to meet someone that I only knew from an adoption forum.   She does not blog or read blogs.  Except this one.  She likes to keep tabs on what I'm sharing with the world. Like Dawn wrote about a few weeks ago, my family also gets to have final veto power in what gets posted.  So far I haven't had anything that I wanted to post that didn't make it past Hilary's approval.

But she has turned blogging topics into a game!

Every time adoption comes up on TV she gets a glint in her eye, pauses the show and smirks at me "You wanna go blog about that?"  When we hear a weird news story on the radio - "Are you going to blog about that?"  Liam remembers to turn the light off in the bathroom... you get the picture!

I have to admit that a few of her joking moments have prompted a blog post or two.  There are times when the creative well seems pretty dry, so it's nice to have someone feeding you some material to work with.

Where do you get your inspiration for blog posts?

No comments: