Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 28, 2008 - Today's the day

that Liam can make it across the monkey bars on his own!

Hilary left me a message just before I was leaving work to say that they were going to the park and I could either meet them there or head straight home. I opted to head home and do some house work. They got home about 15 minutes after me and Liam was just bursting!

"Get your coat Mama we HAVE to to go back to the park I have a surprise to show you!"

So we poured some tea in travel mugs and off we went. He was bubbling the whole way there! He wouldn't tell me what it was, just that he had to practice and he finally was able to do it!

He was great! Able to go from one end to the other, and even learned how to flip around so that his legs went through the bars and he could pull himself up to sit on the very top. As if I don't have enough gray hair!!

And in the rush to get there, Mama forgot to grab her camera. I guess we will just have to go back again.

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What a great milestone!

I love it when they get so (justifiably) proud of themselves.