Sunday, May 25, 2008

Labours of Love


Last fall Hilary, my mom and I were interviewed for this book. And it's now with the editors and will be published on October 6, 2008!

Our story talks about how Hilary and I became Liam's parents (one of the fastest adoptions ever... 3 months to the day, and we hadn't even been planning on adopting) and it also talks about my adoption in the '70s and my mom's take on that.

The author, Deborah, had wanted to include interviews with both Iris - my birth mother and K-Liams' birth mother, to give a well rounded view to all our stories. However, both of them declined to participate. And I do understand why. We are on the happy side of adoption, they are not. I can only imagine how hard it is for either of them to talk about a decision that they each made that changed the course of their lives forever.

If you are interested, you can check out the book here (and even pre-order it!)

5 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Very coo, Andy. Very cool.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oops. It's not coo, it's cooL!

Anonymous said...

a cool coffee table book ...that is so fun...

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm visiting you back from NaLeavComMo. I'm a lesbian mom-to-be and I'm also an adoptee (a closed adoption in the 70's). I look forward to reading you stories, and come back and visit!

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, what a fast adoption. Wishing you much happiness for your family.
Thanks for stopping by for NaCommLeavMo.

Alyson LID 01/27/06 (IA China)