Monday, August 25, 2008

Cooking is SOOO not my thing!


I have now been on my own for 6 days, as Hilary and Liam are in BC visiting her folks. 4-5 times a day for the 2 weeks before she left Hilary would remind me of what was in the freezer, suggest meal plans, make sure I knew how to cook something.


And I poo-pooed her. After all, I'm 38 years old. I moved out of my parents place 19 years ago. Surely I could manage a full 9 days of making my own meals.


Turns out..... not so much!


  • Wednesday: Grabbed a Sub from the mall
  • Thursday: Picked up spinach dip and mini-pitas from the grocery store on the way home from work.
  • Friday: I have no recollection of what I ate last Friday..... I think I had an avocado and the rest of the spinach dip
  • Saturday: I did cook myself a steak and boiled some baby potatoes!
  • Sunday: Went out for dinner with Hilary's cousin and his fiancee
  • Monday: I cooked again! I BBQd a burger, shucked myself some corn and steamed some beans. a real meal!
So now I have Tuesday-Thursday to manage. I seem to recall Hilary mentioning something about lasagna in the freezer....

note to self: Look in freezer.
Post a Comment