Monday, August 25, 2008

Cooking is SOOO not my thing!


I have now been on my own for 6 days, as Hilary and Liam are in BC visiting her folks. 4-5 times a day for the 2 weeks before she left Hilary would remind me of what was in the freezer, suggest meal plans, make sure I knew how to cook something.


And I poo-pooed her. After all, I'm 38 years old. I moved out of my parents place 19 years ago. Surely I could manage a full 9 days of making my own meals.


Turns out..... not so much!


  • Wednesday: Grabbed a Sub from the mall
  • Thursday: Picked up spinach dip and mini-pitas from the grocery store on the way home from work.
  • Friday: I have no recollection of what I ate last Friday..... I think I had an avocado and the rest of the spinach dip
  • Saturday: I did cook myself a steak and boiled some baby potatoes!
  • Sunday: Went out for dinner with Hilary's cousin and his fiancee
  • Monday: I cooked again! I BBQd a burger, shucked myself some corn and steamed some beans. a real meal!
So now I have Tuesday-Thursday to manage. I seem to recall Hilary mentioning something about lasagna in the freezer....

note to self: Look in freezer.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Yum! Lasanga sounds good. I actually wanted that for lunch but discovered I had already ate it last week. Oh well.

ICLW

Carrie27 said...

You can cook, but you just don't wanna. I know that feeling all too well. There are just times that you don't want to cook and just want to have something that is already made.

I say eat the lasagna.

Muser Grace said...

Oh, that's hilarious. I'm so the same way...a friend of mine used to threaten to come over to cook for me when my husband was out-of-town because I tended to eat peanut butter all week... :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

hi Andy
sounds like you have busy ...go to menu plan Monday blogs and get some ideas.
Lasagna sounds good I mad eit last week but never got to eat the leftovers.

Here from IComLeavWe... (adoption,pregnancy loss, IVF twins)
My Little Drummer Boys

CappyPrincess said...

LOL, I saw your "you made gunk" image and internally cringed "ahhhhhhhhh not more webkinz!" It seems we have more tussles over computer time and webkinz than any family ought to have - especially since they aren't at my house to tussle about it every day.

I have problems updating my blog every week but do I forget to "love my webkinz" every day for the kidlets? noooooooo of course not. I even water the "stupid" computer garden - like what's it going to do? Die?

Sigh, the things we do for our kids.

Thanks for the laugh (and the blog post idea).

I'm also glad to hear that you didn't starve, even if you didn't manage to do a whole lot of cooking while Hilary and Liam are gone.

Lisa said...

Ooh, you're almost home free. Lasagna tonight and you can rummage for something else to thaw for tomorrow. (Do it in the same freezer trip!) Then you can just call a friend for dinner on Thurs!

Nic said...

Uh oh, me guilty too. We had KFC for dinner. After eating out virtually all weekend.

The girls had real food though. Why do I apply differnt rules?!

alicia said...

thats not to bad!! 2 days cooking for yourself is great! ha ha, hope you find some treasures in the freezer!

here from ICLW

kirke said...

It sounds like you made some excellent meals :) Sometimes I would rather just graze anyway...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

ICLW

Danifred said...

You're doing much better than my husband when I leave town- usually it's a grilled cheese and cereal rotation for him!