Friday, June 20, 2008

Liam's scavenger hunt

We had a fabulous day!

At first I thought the curse of Nova Scotia was going to ruin everything, but in the end it was okay. Never heard of the curse? It is guaranteed that if you plan an outdoor activity in Nova Scotia, no matter what the date, what the weather forecasts, it will RAIN! Well we didn't have rain, but the fog was thick! We couldn't see Dartmouth across the harbour and we could not see the lighthouse on McNab's Island. But we could sure hear the foghorn! Any time we ventured away from the water's edge, the fog cleared up and the sun was shining. I don't think we covered the full 186 acres, but we did a pretty good chunk of it.

Here are Liam's pictures:




What do you mean, you don't see the chipmunk?



Yes, that is a bird in the sky.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liam is a very good photographer at his age! I loved seeing the pictures from his point of view. Very cool! I am glad you guys enjoyed your hiking expedition/treasure hunt :)

Anonymous said...

how cool...I am inspired...we are going to do this this summer...great idea Andy...and I love the picture of Mom and I DO see the chipmunk

Kim said...

Great pics! I see the little critter too! nclm

The Szareks said...

What fun pictures :-) I'm glad you had a good day for your scavenger/treasure hunt.

A couple of days ago I saw a NS license plate here in NY and I got so excited! We had played the license plate game on our trip to Kansas and back and had found 40 of 50 states and 5 of the 13 provinces/territories. But no NS until we got back home!!!!

Eliza said...

Here from NCLM--I love Liam's bird-in-the-sky shot! I have a picture like that that I took one time of a BALD EAGLE! I was so excited to see one live and in person but alas, in the picture it is a blurry lump. I TOTALLY see the chipmunk! Great shots for such a little guy :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool pics.

Hey, how do you do that blog list that updates when posts are added?