Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My new friend

A couple of weeks ago I bid good-bye to an old friend.

Of course, that friend had to be replaced. And trust me, picking out a new friend like this isn't easy, the choices are dizzying!

After much discussion, soul searching and research, I would like to introduce you all to my new friend:Yes, I am going to move over to a manual push mower. I'm not sure yet how I feel about this. I guess I'll find out on Saturday when it arrives and I have to cut the grass!



There were many reasons for going this route:


1) we don't own a car so getting gas home is difficult

2) gas is expensive

3) burning gas is bad for the environment

4) electric mowers cost $$ in electricity to run

5) using unneccessary electricity is bad for the environment

6) I hate hauling the electric cord around with me, getting tangled in and tripping over it

7) our lawn isn't that big

8) I could use the extra excercise



Anyone else out there a fellow push-mower user? Any advice before I begin? The good thing is that I am not lawn-obsessed. I would be quite happy to let it grow wild, but I think the neighbours would disapprove. So I diligently cut each week and keep it respectible looking.
Post a Comment