Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March 18, 2008 - Today's the day

That I run a parent support committee meeting at Liam's school.



I am always that sucker of a person that when you ask for a volunteer, if no one comes forward, all you have to do is look at me and I cave. And that is how I became the chair of the parent committee last fall!



Overall the duties are pretty lite. The committee meets about once a month and is responsible for 7 activities throughout the year. This include book fairs, Halloween and Valentine's day lunches, Teacher and staff appreciation week, organizing the art cards and the end of the year picnic. As the chair, I send out meeting invites, take notes and send out minutes. Pretty easy.



The problem is that I haven't been to a meeting since November! Between bad weather, health problems and the holidays, it just hasn't happened.

So I will take baked goods as an offering, and see how the evening goes!

No comments: