Friday, March 7, 2008

March 7, 2008 – Today’s the day

That I need to figure out what to do with the cat poop!

We have four cats- Edgar, Hazel, Alice and Oscar. And since they are all indoor cats, we have 2 litter boxes, and we use the clumping cat litter. Up until recently figuring out what to do with the cat poop hasn’t been all the difficult: scoop it out of the box, put it in a bag, tie the bag up and put it in the garbage can. Simple enough.

My current dilema is that I’ve always used plastic grocery store bags for this job. Now however, most of our local stores have gone and gotten all “Green” and “environemntly friendly” and encourage their shoppers to buy and use their canvas re-usable bags. Some stores have stopped supplying the plastic bags at all. I’m not against being “Green” and “environemntly friendly” and in fact I own and use several of the canvas bags myself. But that doesn’t really help me with my poop problem.

My supply of plastic bags has dwindled. The cat poop has not. So now I need to figure out how to get the waste to a waste recepticle. I could go and buy a box of plastic bags, but that doesn’t seem to really be in the spirit of things. I get dirty looks at the grocery store if I’ve forgotten my canvas bag and ask for a plastic one. I can only imagine what would happen if people saw me buying them by the case full!

So I open it up to all of you…. What should I do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They make small plastic garbage bags here for small trash cans. You could buy a box of those if they have them in your area.

I try and use our canvas bags 2/3 of the time and get plastic the rest of the time for cat poop.

Good luck