Thursday, March 6, 2008

March 6, 2008 – Today’s the day

That I call and make myself a doctor’s appointment.

For the last couple of months I’ve had a variety of days with stomach pains, nausea, gassy-ness (TMI, sorry!) and generally just not feeling well. I’ve started keeping a food diary to see if I could pin it down to something specific, but so far, it remains pretty random. I thought it was a lactose problem, as I seemed to have more spells when I was having Hilary’s homemade yogurt every day. But I haven’t had any yougurt in 2 weeks and I’m still having problems.

Today, just before lunch I got this strange blotchiness on my chin and neck. It was red and HOT to the touch an a little bit itchy. I had bad stomach pains and felt dizzy and nauseous. But I was also STARVING. So I ate my lunch and then went outside for a bit, because by that point I was so overheated that I was ready to take my shirt off and lie down on the floor. Luckily my lunch buddy convinced me not to.

About an hour later, everything was pretty much better (except for the gassy part! Too bad I wasn’t working from home today!)

So if my doctor’s office ever starts answering the phones again after their 2 hour lunch break, I will make myself an appointment.


***********

UPDATED: I've got an appointment for tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes we have to just jump in...free medical care why did you not go sooner...hey get a mammo while your there...hehehe

Debi

Heather said...

I hope they can quickly figure out what's going on and with a minimum of invasive tests.

Have you started/changed any vitamin regimen lately? I ask because I switched the kiddo over to a multivitamin with iron in it and heaven help us, but MAN is she gassy now. I can't figure out what else would be responsible besides the iron from the new vitamin, but I must admit, my child stinks with a nasty, lingering frequency. :P

So, just a thought...... anyhow, hope you're sorted out in no time! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck tomorrow!

and hey, tell Miss Hilary to share this yogurt recipe.

Krissi said...

Wow that was really quick! How did you get an appointment so fast?

Andy said...

Krissi,

Our doctor usually leaves 2-3 spots un-booked each day for last minute appointments. She's also off for March Break/vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I'm glad I got one of the free spots!