Thursday, March 27, 2008

March 27, 2008 - Today's the day

that I wait on hold for 45 minutes, all the while clicking refresh on my computer just so that I can get through to our city's Recreation department and sign Liam up for 3 weeks of summer camp!


I got through on the computer after 20 minutes but got kicked out again just as I added the 2nd week to my basket. The second time I got on I was able to get all three weeks in the basket and processed!


These are very popular programs, espcecially for working parents. Full day camp (8:00-16:30) Mon-Friday for less then $100! Liam will only be going for 3 weeks, every other week, as we don't need it for child care, but just for him to have some fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, I am still trying to figure out summer activities for the kids.

Anonymous said...

I too have not got summer under wraps yet..your bett er then I..

Debi

Heather said...

Woo-hoo! Liam will have a blast, I'm sure!

I had "connections" this year as the summer program the kiddo did last summer (that she was dying to do again) is run by the preschool she's attending this year. I was able to get her on the list before registration opened, then I turned in the official reg form the first day we could turn them in. Whew! Last summer, she went 2 mornings a week for 6 weeks. This summer, she's going for 5 mornings a week for the full 6 weeks. Beyond that, she'll probably do swimming lessons again, assuming they have an afternoon time available for her level. Have to wait for the summer session brochure to come out for that one, though...